Share this to

By:Robert Mutasi

The National Police Service (NPS) has ordered Kassim Abdi Sebu to surrender to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Homa Bay County headquarters over his alleged association with the violence witnessed in Homa Bay on Sunday during the Linda Mwananchi tour.

In a statement issued on Monday, the NPS said investigations have linked Sebu to the mayhem that occurred during the opposition-led Linda Mwananchi rally on August 16, 2026.

“One Kassim Abdi Sebu, who is being associated with the mayhem witnessed in Homa Bay, has been ordered to report to the County DCI Headquarters, Homa Bay,” said NPS.

Sebu is being sought alongside other suspects believed to have organized and funded groups of youths who carried crude weapons and disrupted the rally, leading to violent clashes that left scores injured and property destroyed.

According to police, a total of 37 suspected gang members carrying crude weapons were arrested over the weekend following the violent clashes linked to the Linda Mwananchi tour in Homa Bay and Kisumu counties.

In Homa Bay, the NPS said that 12 suspects took plea and have been placed under various bond terms, while two more are being investigated for gun-related incidents. Police said they recovered crude weapons including rungus, pangas and stones from the suspects.

In Kisumu, the NPS said all 15 suspects arrested with various crude weapons on the eve of a rally were produced in court and are facing charges of preparation to commit a felony and breach of peace.

Homa Bay County Police Commander Lawrence Koilem had earlier confirmed the arrest of six suspected gang members, including their alleged ring leader, Abdi Kasim, over an assault on Linda Mwananchi officials and human rights activist Evans Oloo Gor ahead of the August 16 rally.

The violence in Homa Bay is part of a worrying trend of political intolerance witnessed in recent weeks during Linda Mwananchi tours in Kisii and Homa Bay. Last week, police in Kisii said more arrests were expected after an attack on a convoy at Keumbu Market that left one supporter dead and scores injured.

The NPS has tightened its net on at least 25 suspects still at large and has urged members of the public with information on Sebu’s whereabouts to report confidentially through police hotlines 999, 911, 112 or the anonymous #FichuaKwaDCI hotline at 0800 722 203.

Police reiterated their commitment to ensuring that all perpetrators of political violence are brought to justice, warning that no one will be spared regardless of political affiliation.

The Linda Mwananchi movement, associated with opposition leaders, has accused rival political factions of sponsoring goons to disrupt their meetings, a claim police say they are investigating.

Security has since been heightened in Homa Bay town and its environs to restore normalcy and prevent retaliatory attacks.


Share this to

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *