By:Betty Luke

Ibrahim Arero Malicha (centre), suspect in the murder of 19-year-old NasiboTadicha appearing before Senior Resident Magistrate Maureen Atieno Odhiambo in August 6, 2026. PHOTO/Kilele Media
The suspect in the murder of 19-year-old Nasibo Abdi Tadicha has been declared fit to stand trial, paving way for him to take a plea before the High Court.
Ibrahim Arero Malicha appeared before the Isiolo Law Courts on Thursday, August 20, 2026, for a second court session following his initial appearance on August 6.
The court had earlier directed that Malicha undergo a mental assessment before further proceedings could take place. The assessment has now cleared way for the case to proceed.
The suspect is set to appear before the Isiolo High Court on September 18, 2026where he is expected to take plea.
Malicha is the main suspect in the murder of Nasibo, who had gone missing before her body was retrieved from a public toilet in Malkagala, Merti Sub-County late July.
Preliminary reports allege that the suspect had a relationship with the victim, reports that are yet to be verified by the court.
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) Isiolo Representative Somo Alyaro said the commission would continue following up on the case to ensure justice is served.
According to the commission, ensuring justice is served to the family would serve as an example to perpetrators of violence against women as well as offer hope to other survivors of violence.
“We will continue following up on this matter and support the family to ensure that justice is served and that those responsible are held accountable,” Alyaro said.
The official also commended the police, Directorate of Criminal Investigations and the judiciary for their response to the case, saying timely action was important in protecting victims and ensuring accountability.
“Every person has the right to life, security and dignity. We appreciate the swift action taken so far and will continue working with other stakeholders to ensure that the rights of the victim and her family are protected,” he added.
NGEC said it will work with communities, civil society organisations and State institutions to support the family and ensure the case progresses through the justice system.
